Shanghai Resolve Maritime Consultants Co. Ltd. (SRMCL) has received MSA approval to act as an authorized agent on behalf of ship owners. SRMCL now has the ability to facilitate the signing of agreements in ports not covered by our consortium, truly making SRSOC a one-call solution.
Agency services include:
- Provide advice to the Client regarding the identity, qualification status and other relevant information of Maritime Safety Administration (“MSA”) approved SPRO(s) for a certain port or ports for the consideration and choice of the Client
- Negotiate with the SPRO selected by the Client on terms and conditions of the Agreement on behalf of the Client, endeavoring to obtain their agreement as much as possible to contract on the MSA Sample Agreement with IG supplemented clauses (IG Sample Agreement 6 December 2011)
- Monitor the evolving PRC and Local Regulations and on-going qualification of SPRO's
- Sign the Agreement on behalf of the Client
- Handle the payment of the retainer fee to SPRO according to the signed Agreement on behalf of the Client
- Provide the Ships’ movement information to SPRO according to the signed Agreement on behalf of the Client
- Handle the renewal, extension or termination of the Agreement on behalf of the Client;
- Deal with any other issues in relation to the signing of the Agreement as instructed by the Client;
SRSOC’s response rates have officially been accepted by International Tanker Owners Pollution Federation (ITOPF) and are now reflected in the Version 5 agreement which has been reviewed and accepted by the International Group of P&I Clubs.
SRSOC’s sister company Shanghai Resolve Maritime Consultants (SRMC) has been officially approved by China MSA to act as an authorized agent for vessel owner / operators in compliance with the PRC regulations. SRMC can now assist SRSOC clients in the few ports not covered by the SRSOC consortium truly, establishing the most comprehensive spill response coverage in China.